Florida quarterback Jalon Jones, who entered the college football transfer portal Tuesday, was accused of sexual battery last month, according to a police report.
The Tampa Bay Times obtained the report and first reported the story.
A fellow Florida student told authorities that Jones sexually assaulted her at his residence April 6 and that she obtained a rape kit from a local hospital, but ultimately declined to press criminal charges.
Florida’s spring game was played a week after the alleged assault, and the native of Richmond, Va., rushed three times for 63 yards and a touchdown and completed 1 of 3 passes for five yards.
Jones was an early enrollee from the 2019 class and a four-star recruit from Henrico High School. The 247Sports composite ranked him as the nation’s No. 10 dual threat quarterback and the No. 21 quarterback overall in the class.
“We are aware of the incident reports and have followed athletic department and campus protocols,” Florida spokesman Steve McClain said in a statement. “Campus police officers completed a complaint withdrawal the night of the alleged assault, and the university’s Victims Advocate center was notified.”
According to the police report, the alleged victim claimed she went to Jones’ residence and that he was consoling her after an argument with another person.
The victim contends she told Jones to stop sexual activity numerous times, but it didn’t stop and she wasn’t allowed to leave until Florida freshman cornerback Jaydon Hill intervened.
Jones had dropped to fourth on Florida’s depth chart before entering the transfer portal. Second-year Florida coach Dan Mullen had recruited Jones to play at Mississippi State before moving on to the Gators before the 2018 season.